Monday, July 23, 2012

Undefeated...




Not too long ago I was introduced to a Christian-contemporary song by The Planet Shakers called, "The Anthem." After listening for a few minutes the words begin to flow from out of my ears and resonate into my heart:

"Hallelujah, You have won the victory! Hallelujah, You have won it all for me! Death could not hold You down, You are the risen King! Seated in majesty, You are the risen King!"

I didn't understand it before, but now I totally get why that song is called the Anthem. It just gets me hype every time I hear those words!  Aside from the Bible being on the worlds best sellers list since the list was created, aside from Christ being referenced over 2,000 years ago....you know what really separates Christ from any other god? He beat death!!! He's the only God in history that is still alive! I'm sorry for all the exclamation points but when I think about how Christ conquered death, it brings tears to my eyes.
Wow. How powerful and great is our God!? "Death could not hold You down, You are the risen King!" I'm sure Allah, Buddha, Zeus (lol) were all great guys....but which one of them defeated death? ....I'll wait.

Whenever I think my circumstance or situation is too hard for God to handle, I'm reminded of how Christ committed the ultimate sacrifice and died on the cross for my sins...just so I could have the opportunity to come to know Him personally. But not only did He die for us, He got up for us!  Although many have tried to compete and win the title, Christ will forever be the undefeated champion. I don't know about y'all but that's extremely comforting to know. If Christ fought with death...and won, then how could we ever think our [difficult] problems are too hard for Him to handle???

We can rest and assure that no problem, job situation, bad day, passed-due bill, bad break-up, or even loss of a loved one is too hard for Him to handle. He's the undefeated champion....and if you're rolling with Him, you're on the winning team.

-Leah

*Check out this song, "The Anthem" by the Planet Shakers (warning it may get you hype lol)


1 comment:

  1. Great post Kirk. The anthem is one of my favorite songs ever. You should check out some of their other tracks.

    ReplyDelete