Saturday, March 22, 2014

Flawed.


"When Jesus heard this, He told them, 'Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.'” -Mark 2:17 


Now I respect Beyonce as much as the next person, but I have to admit...her latest cd has a lot of people feeling invincible.  Beyonce's song flawless has a lot of females thinking they wake up looking like perfection and well let's just be honest....we don't look like what we think we look like.

I'm not perfect. I don't always feel pretty, I don't always say the right things or make the most Godly-decisions. I get angry. I've cursed. I get annoyed easily. I've pushed some really great people away because I didn't know how to receive their love. I've ended some really great relationships because I was the one who wasn't mature enough to handle it. I've turned down great opportunities because I didn't think I was "good enough" for the assignment. I've been angry with God and voluntarily walked away because I couldn't understand "why?"  I've lied. I've cheated on multiple tests. I've hurt people. I've used people. I've called people out of their name. I've gossiped. I've worshiped things and people other than God. I've had impure thoughts. I've committed covetousness in my heart. I've been drunk too many times to count.

....and to think....He still wants me.

I'm proud to say that since I've turned my life over to Christ, some of these sins are no longer struggles, but I am still far from perfect.  However, that's the beauty of God. He meets us where we are and He builds us up.  See, as long as we're all "flawless" people, we can never be used by God. Sometimes we can get to a place where we think we are so "together" that we're above sin. We think we've achieved this spiritual high place and we no longer need to seek Jesus for guidance because "we got this."  But our imperfections are a clear reminder of why we are in need of a Savior. Our weaknesses are indicators of areas in our lives that we need to be more like Christ. Without Christ I would be a total wreck. I would have given up on myself a long time ago, but His love won't let me. I'm so glad that despite ALLLLL of my shortcomings, God...still...wants...me. Christ didn't come to save the flawless, He came to save the flawed....and we're all flawed.

#NoShadeThoBeyonce :)


Bible Study*

For more information on this topic, check out the below scriptures:

Mark 2:17
Titus 3:3-8
1 John 1:9
Ephesians 2:8-9
1 John 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment