Wednesday, May 16, 2012

10 Things That Keep Me Going...




We all have those things in life that keep us motivated...the people who keep us laughing until our sides are sore and we can't breathe, and the beautiful places that will stay in the depths of our hearts  forever. Write them down! Make a list of what keeps you going.  It's easy to lose our drive, or become stuck in the normal mundane routine of things.  Use this list to remind  you of why you keep smiling....why you get out of bed in the morning. So here are a FEW of my favorite things (in no particular order....well okay maybe the first few...hehe) 



1. My relationship with God

I use this word "relationship" very seriously.  I am devoted to Him and He has my heart.  Giving up my own will for my life and giving Him full control was the wisest decision I've ever made.  He saved my life. He's my first love and I can't get enough of Him. Without this relationship nothing else could ever keep me going.


2. My family

These people are my life-lines.  My support system.  The people that have absolutely no problem with telling me about myself.  The people that changed my diapers, that attended every little performance I had in school, the ones who love me enough to tell me when I'm absolutely wrong.  They keep me grounded and I will always love them for that.




3. My Friends

My friends are my air.  They keep me running.  You never truly notice how blessed you are until you step back and reflect on the great people that God has allowed to enter your life......and that stayed.  I've met some great people over these past 23 years, but the ones that are still here give me life.  Every random, funny text, every group outing, every phone call.....every high and low moment, they're there for me.  They've seen me at my best and at my very worst.....and stayed.  I'm grateful for each and every one of the people I can call friend.


4. Anything with Idris Elba ;-)

Okay, so I won't make this all about Idris...but I am a bit of a movie buff so a good film gets a lot of credit from me.  I can't say I have an all time favorite movie, although Sister Act 2 is definitely in my top 10 lol.  There's just something about a great plot mixed with a great cast that just really does it for me.  Major kudos to all of the great actors and actresses that devote themselves to roles that are undeniably believable to us the viewers.  We appreciate you! lol


5.  My "me" Time

I recommend this to each and every individual.  Time to just be by yourself is imperative for your individual growth. How can you really know who you are if you don't spend time with yourself?  I've come to find out that people who always need to be in a relationship or need to be around a group of people are searching for some type of validation. Some form of approval.  It's perfectly fine if you're just naturally a people person....but never lose your identity in the crowd.  So instead of hitting the town with your girls/guys one night choose to stay in.  Get some takeout, rent a movie and just chill with you. 


6.  REAL Music

I'm a sucker for some good music.  My heart is drawn to meaningful lyrics and a mean bass line line. lol There's nothing like jamming in your car to your ipod and never having to skip a song!  Actually, the only thing better than hearing your favorite song is seeing your favorite artist perform it live! I think everyone should go see their favorite artists at least twice in their lifetime. lol  It's just something about watching an artist right in front of you, as they leave their heart and soul all on the stage just to give us a good show. Music like this keeps the world in color and we'd all be miserable without it.

7. Random Weekend-Get-a-Ways

Even if you're just going 2 hours away to your friend's apartment to kick it for the weekend....get away!  Life is too short to spend every second of every minute working.  Take some time out of your busy life to just spend it with the people who really matter.


8. A Good Laugh


What would life be like if we didn't laugh? I don't know, but I'm not trying to find out.  A day that you were able to laugh is a day well spent to me.  I've gotten through some of my toughest days because someone or something made me laugh until tears came out.  Find something in your day to make you laugh, it really will make you feel better....I promise.


9. My Ministry


As I begin to grow in God, my prayer started becoming "Lord, how can You use me."  It's important as Christians to get involved in some type of ministry because it's how we give back to God and others.  I honestly had no idea where to start, but as I begin to grow more and seek Him more the desire for a Young Adult Ministry at my church begin to grow stronger.  I know this desire came from him because it honestly was the last thing I was thinking about.  I love the young adults God has strategically placed in our ministry as well.  I urge everyone to find people who think like you so you can encourage each other and keep one another accountable.  Ministry is vital for Christian growth.


10. Love


I've been blessed to have met some great guys over the years, and although none of those experiences worked out...I'm still hopeful in love.  1 Corinthians 13 is my guideline and I truly believe at the right place and most importantly at the right time, God will bless me with the RIGHT man! So to all my single ladies out there, keep hope alive! But...don't go looking for it, let God bring Him to you...in the meantime chill, He's working on it. :) 

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 16, 2012

    You are such an inspiration, I love you -Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog triplet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete